Full Moon Snowshoe Tour
This excursion is available only when it is full moon time. Moon light reflects from the snow and makes the silent landscape look like another planet. Couple of days before and after full moon it still gives us so much light, that if the sky is clear we don't necessarily even need head lamps.That special silver-blue winter light makes our snowshoewalk in Riisitunturi National Park a really magical experience.This is a journey to our favorite place to explore the arctic night.
The adventure begins by short introduction to snowshoeing. No previous experience needed. Proper winter clothing and adventurous mind is what you need. We will find our way to the summit of Riisitunturi fell through an old spruce forest. You'll get to know the nature around us and hear stories about the night sky above the fell. And of course we have some snacks and hot berry juice by the campfire.
Duration is 3-4 hours and length with snowshoes is about 4 km. Time can vary a bit, because sometimes it is so amazing up there that our guests want to stay there for a longer time. Your guide chooses the route and distance depending on current conditions. The route is moderately easy and suitable for everyone who is able to walk the same distance.
This is a private tour for 1-6 persons. Normal price is for 2 or more persons (adult or child). If you are coming alone, choose solo traveler's price.
This adventure is provided by My Trail. Book online or just get in touch with us: MyTrail +358 50 5606 633 email@example.com. All my trails: www.mytrail.fi
|Best price guarantee|
|No hidden costs|
|Minimum age: 12 years|
What is included
- snowshoes and poles
- warm crowberry juice and snacks by the fire (Please inform special diets at the time of booking)
- 1 tree. For every campfire we make, we also plant a tree somewhere in the world
- guide services
- tranfers from Ruka 45+45 min
- You need own outdoor clothing and boots which are suitable for current weather (winter and arctic conditions). Check winter clothing tips: www.mytrail.fi
- We may stay still for a while on breaks or admiring the view, so it's wise to take some extra clothes with you.
- If you feel like it, take something to drink and snacks for your own use
- Backpack. If you need to borrow one from us, just let us know beforehand.
- Remember to take your camera with full battery!
Meeting Point Information
If you don't need pick-up, you will meet your guide at the meeting point. You get driving instructions and linked map in email.